There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The promoter is Way of Vida whose registered address is at 6646 N Clark St Chicago, IL 60626 USA.
Eligibility: This Campaign is open to U.S residents. You must be at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your state of residence as of the date of entry. Way of Vida’s immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as Way of Vida are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Campaign is void where prohibited by law.
How to enter: To submit a proper entry, participant must follow @wayofvida on Instagram, post a photo or video on Instagram that shows the action they took to improve or protect the environment, & explain the action they took in the caption of their post. Participant must tag @wayofvida either in the caption of the post, or in the photo/video itself, so that Way of Vida may see the post and count it as a proper entry. Profile must be set to public during the times and dates the contest is active so that Way of Vida may be able to see the post and count it as an entry. Tagging @wayofvida in the comments section of the post, DOES NOT count as a valid entry. Only one entry per applicant is allowed. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Way of Vida. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Way of Vida.
By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Way of Vida. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Way of Vida from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Way of Vida may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Participant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules & Regulations, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Way of Vida as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted starting on July 5, 2019, 12:00 am, (GMT-5) and ending August 4, 2019, 11:59 pm (GMT-5). All entries must be received by August 4, 2019, 11:59 pm (GMT-5).
Rights Granted by You: You are the owner of the content You produce for your entry. By entering this contest, You understand and agree that Way of Vida, anyone acting on behalf of Way of Vida, and Way of vida’s licensees, successors, collaborative partners, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, Instagram username, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
How the winner will be chosen: The winner will be determined based on skill. Judges will give participants a score out of 50 points total; 25 points for impact, 10 points for originality, and 15 points for effort. Way of Vida (Leilani Salgado & Kevin Sandoval) are the judges of the Campaign. The judging criteria is as follows:
A). Originality (20%): How unique the action taken is. How the entrant is able to showcase their personal originality to influence how their entry is presented and interpreted.
B). Effort (30%): Is the entry caption well thought out? Does the image or video convey a powerful message?
C). Impact (50%): Did the action You perform have a small or big impact on the environment? Will the impact last short term or long term?
Eligible entrant with the highest overall score wins. In the event of a tie, entrant with the highest score for impact wins.
9. Way of Vida reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Way of Vida’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Way of Vida may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Way of Vida. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Way of Vida reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Personal information that will be collected: No personal information is collected to enter. If declared winner, participant must provide their e-mail address to Way of Vida in order for Way of Vida to send winner his/her prize. The email address will not be used for any other purpose & will not be disclosed to any third party without the winner’s prior consent. Prize will be delivered electronically through e-mail, no exceptions will be made.
11. Way of Vida is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Campaign.
12. The prize is as follows: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one Dubai Explorer 3 Choice Adult Pass from the brand Smart Destinations, approximate retail value: $169. The pass has an expiration date of September 11, 2019. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Way of Vida. The prize is not a product of Way of Vida, for any questions, concerns or issues regarding use of the pass, Smart Destinations would serve as the appropriate contact. The prize is as stated and no cash or monetary value shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Way of Vida to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
13. Odds of winning: The winner of this Campaign will be chosen based on skill and performance, therefore the odds of winning are unpredictable.
14. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. Entries deleted by the participant during the campaign period will be disqualified.
15. The winner will be notified via Instagram DM after 72 hours of the closing date. Way of Vida shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, passes away before claiming the prize, or fails to claim the prize within 2 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT WAY OF VIDA‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
16. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Way of Vida and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (vi) Way of Vida is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by a third party, or any technical or human error, which may occur in connection with Way of Vida’s website & its social networks.
17. The competition and these Rules will be governed by American law. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Chicago, Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with participating in the Contest; participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by emailing the following e-mail address: email@example.com
20. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Way of Vida shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Rules & Regulations, such change(s) shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
22. Any prizes offered by a collaborative partner, in conjunction with, promoted with, or affiliated with this contest, is subject to that third party’s own rules and regulations. Way of Vida shall not be held responsible for prizes, or methods of entry not administered by them.